Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sewing

I love to sew straight lines! LOL I'm not too good on sleeves (inseting them), but I can hem with the best of them! I can also measure really good, so making curtains is a breeze! I also love to make table cloths and napkins. One of my favorite things to do is re-purpose clothes! I have been doing that lately with the girls pants! I have taken their jeans, and made them into capris for school, and after it's over I will make them into shorts for summer. They are THRILLED! I will post pictures of them in their "new clothes"!

Table Cloths- $10+material (material will vary depending on what you want)

Napkins- $5/6 napkins + material (you can match these to the table cloths for holidays, special occasions like birthdays, Super Bowl parties, etc) I love cloth napkins and we have tons of these because they are not paper napkins which we have to continually buy. We can wash these along with our towels (no fabric softener so they absorb well!), and it is more environmentally nice! Besides, who DOESN'T like using a cloth napkin?

Hemming- $3/item
Adding ribbon to pants bottoms, pockets or sleeves- $3/item
Costumes- I will just "update" what you have, use it to make what you need, go shopping with you if you want to help you choose what you need- $10/hr

Curtains- $10/hr + material- I will come to your house, measure, and talk to you about what you want.

Pillow Cases- simple cases, not shams- $3 + material

No comments:

Post a Comment